Skunks are the intriguing and smelly animals that no one wants around. If you’ve ever been interested to know more, but want to get it done from a distance, you can call Tampa Animal Removal or here are a few skunk facts that you enjoy.
* They are nocturnal. Because they are inclined to move about at night, this can be the very best time to seal off their dens or living quarters.
* Skunks generally weigh from just more than 1 lb. To just over 6 pounds.
* They live from 7-10 years depending on their living requirements. Skunks tend to live longer in captivity.
* Skunks have been known to be carriers of rabies. This will take place if they’re bitten by or consume an animal that is affected.
* Skunk spray doesn’t carry rabies.
* Though they can spray up to 23 feet, they are only true up to 6 or 7 feet.
* The spray comes in the glands located on each side of the anus.
* Musk is another name for the spray.
* A skunk may give warning signals before it sprays.
* Many females may share a territory, but usually only one man with live in a place.
* Skunks don’t have very good eyesight. Consequently, if you encounter you, be quiet and walk away.
* They’re non-confrontational for the most part. They usually spray in defense to a perceived threat.
* Males do not help to raise their own young.
* Skunks aren’t all poor, they like to eat the backyard bugs and slugs that harm your plants.
These are simply some of the very basic skunk facts. They are extremely interesting creatures and enjoyable to learn about!